Quilting for pleasure

Quilting for pleasure
Find Joy in the Journey

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Aldens Deluxe 146B Sewing Machine!

Every once in a while Tom & I go to see what's new at the thrift store.  Well, today there was an Aldens Deluxe 146B sewing machine.  No case, no table, but did have the wiring harness & foot pedal, instruction book, bobbin case, and the straight stitch foot.  The manager of Deseret Industries marked it down to $25 so I bought it.  Took it home - cleaned it up - oiled it up - adjusted tensions - it works like a dream.  I had one sewing machine case left in my stock & it had a new wiring harness & pedal in it.  In went the machine & TA DA!  I will search for a zig zag foot.  I can imagine sewing many quilt blocks on this puppy.  Oh, and it is one of those HEAVY machines.  We used to lovingly call them "boat anchors" in our store.

Here she sits in her new case.

Not often do I find the instruction manuals with the used machines.

The new case that I had in stock.

9 comments:

  1. Just purchased the same exact model...paid $30..came with a bunch of Kenmore accessories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this machine! My kids and I dabble in sewing machine refurb. This is the latest model we had gifted to us. Such a solid machine! Glad to see there's another 146b fan out there. Good going on having an extra case in your stash. I've never thought of saving the case on the machines we pitch. I'll have to start doing that. Great luck on your next project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where can I find parts for this machine? I have one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, I just received my mother's sewing machine and it's a 146B as well. Is there somewhere I can get a new base and cover? Are they usually universal? Also, do you know the year(s) of production? Trying to figure out how old this machine is. She had it my whole childhood so must be from the 60's at least. Any information would be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello. This machine is definitely an old one. I had mine in the 70's; it was a table model. The covers are universal. I bought one for my current machine on Amazon. The item was listed as "Addicted DEPO sewing machine cover w/3 convenient pockets..." for $15.95. Do you have the sewing manual for it? Did you get the presser feet for it? I have both, and would be willing to send them to you for the price of postage.

      Delete
  5. I do not have the manual and I believe I have most accessories. The case is a bit moldy as it was in a closet for years, that is why I need a new case.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I recently inherited this machine from my mum, but I'm new to sewing and the manual has been lost over time. Could anyone point me towards a place I could get or read the manual for it? I don't get many results searching for 'Alden' machines so is it a clone?

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello! I'm in desperate need for a manual for the 146B sewing machine. HELP! Would it be possible to buy a pdf or pictures of yours? Please respond to yguard@yahoo.com. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would also love to have a copy of that manual if possible. I have the exact machine, under a different badge: "International"

    ReplyDelete